CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Visit to the dealer

GOOB

GM dealer in Kingman, Arizona - breakdown capital of the world - there little mess up cost me nearly $6000. Dirtbags then and dirtbags now.

I really feell sorry for all of you who don't have a dealer you can trust. I don't think I would ever buy the 2 year old STS's I've been driving if I didn't have a great relationship with the dealer. I've been going there for nine (9) years now and they are the best. No, they're not perfect; but if I'm not satisfied the first time, I'm always satisfied the second time.

A couple of years ago I brought my 88' Lincoln Mark VII LSC to PepBoys for new tires. Before I drove away, I checked the rims and hub finishing caps for damage...

Whenever I take mine anywhere where there's a remote possibility that the tires will come off, I take all the chrome center caps off and leave them at home. I can see someone taking a screwdriver to it and really chipping/scratching either the cap or the wheel (or both). I also have to "fix" the air pressure in the tires after I get the car back...they always "correct" it back to 30 psi, but I run them at around 35 or 36 pounds. What a pain in the buttsky. :)

I do the same thing when I buy new tires - I use a shop rag to protect the area of the wheel when popping out the cover. I also put the fender skirts in the trunk as well.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived