CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Engine compartment quick detail

My engine compartment looked very dirty / dusty:

before

100_0040.jpg

I am somewhat nervous about having the engine 'professionally cleaned', as I don't want to disturb anything in the interest of detailing.

I had read however that one could use a regular exterior mist detailer to do quick cleanup, so I took that route.

here is the after:

2005-cts-engine-compartment-after-quick-

This achieved the clean look I wanted. I was very happy that most of the black marking from the hood insulation came off the engine shield (topper).

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The "After" shot looks much better... If you want to take it to the next level try Murphy's Oil Soap on all the "Black" parts. It restores the "Factory" look...not shiney, not dull....Fresh. I use a toothbrush on tight spaces, like the ribbed wire covers, hose clamps, connectors...

I mix up a solution as per the bottle instructions with HOT water. I don't soak the connectors, I use just enough to loosen the dirt, then wipe clean. The rest gets a good scrubbing then wipe clean.

Simichrome Polish tunes up the bright metal parts...A/C lines, aluminum parts...

rek

I wondered how some other photos I saw looked so dramatically black.

Does the oil soap have a 'wax'/gloss effect also, that helps to keep the parts cleaner or make them easier to clean next time?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Yes, the "Effect" left behind is not shiney, not dull....Fresh. It's easier to clean the next time.

It's good on tires as well. Doesn't fling off, collect dust, or hurt the rubber. I also do the door/trunk jams/weatherstrips.

rek

Archived