CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Now that I have the CTS clean I went out tonight and cleaned off the dealer logo and adhesive beneath it so I can get ready to add a "3.6" emblem tomorrow.

GMC2008041034245_PV.jpgX08CA_CT169_01%20zoom.preview.jpg

The new 3.6 DI CTS's have a 3.6 emblem then a small placard that says "Direct Injection". I wanted a 3.6 emblem for my 2005 CTS, so I was glad when they added it as a separate emblem to later models. Dasher had mailed me a used 3.6 emblem (THANKS!!) , but I had not gotten it retaped and ready to go on, or prepped the CTS.

The emblem goes on the left side of the trunk to sort of offset the 'CTS' letters on the lower right end of the trunk. Just tapes in place. Hopefully if I worry over it enough I can get it on straight. :fighting0025:

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

There are so many straight lines and angles in the CTS that it may be difficult or impossible to do it by sight. I would use a bubble level. First, check the car for being level left-to-right and make any tiny adjustments with a jack or tire pressure. Then, use the level to apply the emblem.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I agree. Since the CTS emblem and the edge of the trunk are along different lines, I measured the CTS emblem at the outer edge and at the same width along the run then matched up with that.

quick video of before/during/after:

Bruce

Overall I am happy with the placement and the appearance now that I have added it. It is a big improvement over the dealer ad/emblem that was there previously.

To get the right placement I used some regular tape to temporarily put the emblem in the right place per my measurements, and stepped back to check, and adjusted and rechecked.

Then I used a wet-erase pen to outline the emblem, then took off the backing for the emblem tape and applied the emblem to the CTS. The wet-erase marks came right off the car no problem.

Bruce

Slick. It looks like R2D2 put it on at the factory.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived