CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

91 Eldo Cooling Tube?

bschelle

On my 91 Eldo there is a big leak at the tube from the water pump where it goes to ? just below the harmonic balancer pulley. It has a small hose with two clamps and it is pouring water out just in front of this hose. I can't find a description in my service manual but I did find a picture under the belt removal topic. They do not show a name for this part. I am guessing that the tube has rotted and I want to know what to ask for at the dealer. Any suggestions as to its name or how to fix it?

On my 91 Eldo there is a big leak at the tube from the water pump where it goes to ? just below the harmonic balancer pulley. It has a small hose with two clamps and it is pouring water out just in front of this hose. I can't find a description in my service manual but I did find a picture under the belt removal topic. They do not show a name for this part. I am guessing that the tube has rotted and I want to know what to ask for at the dealer. Any suggestions as to its name or how to fix it?

That is the heater pipe assembly. There are two of them. They are known to rust out. You can cut off the rusted parts from one or both pipes and connect them with a longer piece of 3/4" heater hose. The pipes have very thin walls. I bought the both parts from a dealer but used only one. There is a GM part number on the other one 03530658. I can send it to you if you need it. That part ends somewhere behind AC compressor.

Check out this thread:

<a href="http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...ic=7586&hl=" target="_blank">http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...ic=7586&hl=</a>

post-312-1219273498_thumb.jpg

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived