CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Photo-essay of Detailing a CTS-V

A photo essay with detailed descriptions of the process of detailing a Cadillac CTS-V. Note that the subforum is described as Professional Auto Detailing and "Pro Details Before and After".

Please read the whole post there as I have only comments/excerpts here.

100_6508.jpg

WARNING: These photos may make you fall in love with the CTS-V and give you the urge to run out and buy one. Try to get a good deal.

There are fewer words at the beginning, as you are expected to note the flaws from the pics, but the products used and processes are noted prior to the after shots.

Some of the text is in orange lettering.

The Klima cleaner for the A/C was news to me.

100_6600.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The before and after shots were amazing. It was neat seeing the whole process, and the before and after difference was like night and day.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

A photo essay with detailed descriptions of the process of detailing a Cadillac CTS-V. Note that the subforum is described as Professional Auto Detailing and "Pro Details Before and After".

100_6508.jpg

WARNING: These photos may make you fall in love with the CTS-V and give you the urge to run out and buy one. Try to get a good deal.

There are fewer words at the beginning, as you are expected to note the flaws from the pics, but the products used and processes are noted prior to the after shots.

100_6600.jpg

Unless the hose for the A/C cleaner was 3 feet long, I don't see how the cleaner could possibly reach the evaporator.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The ads emphasize how easy the Klima-cleaner is to use, in that you only have to stick the hose in the dash a/c vents and spray. The actual instructions appear to say that you should access the evaporator and spray it into the evaporator; if you are not able to do that then the dash vent thing is less effective but consumer friendly:

Klima Cleaner comes with a 2 foot tube with a brass tip on the end that foams the product upon exiting the tube. The goal is to get the product in the box which is located deep inside the dash. Several ways of getting there: 1) inserting the tube into the center vents, 2) after removing the filter, insert the tube as far deep as possible, 3) the evacuation tube (mentioned above) where condensation is allowed to exit or 4) the inspection pit. The last two areas are the most effective. The first two are not as effective but the most consumer friendly.

If you don't have any odor from the A/C this is a product I would skip. If you do have odor from the A/C first try replacing your cabin filter if your Cadillac has one. Next consider cleaning the evaporator. Last, a product such as Klima-cleaner may work well for you.

Bruce

WARNING: These photos may make you fall in love with the CTS-V and give you the urge to run out and buy one.

That could happen, but NOT before they lose those two excess doors in the back! :D Coupe d'CTS-V anyone?

As an aside, that red paint is just awesome!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

That is amazing....

Guy did a great job....

I agreen with Warren, if I wanted a 4 door, there's DeVilles everywhere....

• 2 weeks later...

100_6508.jpg

100_6600.jpg

WOW!! Amazing differences!! I'm a bit confused. Is this YOUR car or are you the one detailing? The man is an A 1 Pro no doubt. Wish I lived closer! Kevin

Neither my CTS-V nor did I do the detailing; I just saw the article on autopia (see first post for link) and loved it.

Bruce

Archived