CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Warn: 0% WHAT THE HECK IS THAT BELOW MY NAME?!

The forum software has the ability to maintain a warning system, and I have turned that on. If you see WARN: 0% below your name that's GOOD.

I have setup the system initially as a "5-strikes you're out" system. However, someone who is not a good community member could possibly get all 5 strikes at once if their actions deserved such.

Generally, you can see your warning level and the reason for the warning level, but you can't see other people's warning levels.

The system shows 0% if you have NO warnings, 20% for 1, 40% for 2, etc. as a way of warning a user that their warnings are climbing up to a ban.

Only Caddyinfo Staff can award or modify warnings.

I think we all recognize that we have some members now and then who are more challenged in playing with others. This gives our staff a way to indicate that to the reader and to 'keep score'.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The forum software has the ability to maintain a warning system, and I have turned that on. If you see WARN: 0% below your name that's GOOD.

I have setup the system initially as a "5-strikes you're out" system. However, someone who is not a good community member could possibly get all 5 strikes at once if their actions deserved such.

Generally, you can see your warning level and the reason for the warning level, but you can't see other people's warning levels.

The system shows 0% if you have NO warnings, 20% for 1, 40% for 2, etc. as a way of warning a user that their warnings are climbing up to a ban.

Only Caddyinfo Staff can award or modify warnings.

I think we all recognize that we have some members now and then who are more challenged in playing with others. This gives our staff a way to indicate that to the reader and to 'keep score'.

This might be a good time for everyone to review the Terms of Usage for this site, paying particular attention to item 6:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/terms.htm

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

What could I get a warning for?

A non-inclusive example list of what you might get a formal warning for might include:

Breaking the forum
terms of usage

Inappropriate language for a work and family friendly forum and/or intentionally misspelling offensive words to avoid the badword filter.

Commercial Advertisements except by Supporting Vendors

Offtopic, incoherant or odd / bizarre post

In any case I try to moderate as little as possible, and focus on enjoying our community discussion of Cadillacs.

Grievous behavior can still earn instant bans. The warning system is a way for us to communicate to people who are having problems participating well that they need to try harder.

Bruce

• 4 weeks later...

Is this just an update to the standard IP Board, or have I been missing something?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

It is a functionality available in the standard IPB. We have been very lucky in that we tend to have great behavior. Using this system gives us more options to communicate with people who are not behaving well.

Bruce

Sure. I can only remember a few since I have been here, other than the spammers who were banned and their offers of Rolex knock-offs were removed before I could click on the link.

I guess I better watch it, now. :rolleyes:

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived