CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Grinding/Poping sound on the "unloaded' side

OynxSTS

just a stupid thought here and one of the last times, i posted one on the caddyinfo board my bones got jumped ...

can you put it on a lift, with someone inside the car, to engage it in gear and give it gas while

turning the steering wheel slowly back and forth while you listen for the problem area ???

i prefer, very carefully, using a piece of PVC pipe as a stethoscope ...

and if it did not, make the noise then it might point to the suspension problem ...

and if it does make the noise then you can probably localize the area as to the problem ...

just another stupid thought on my part ... my bad ...

Lane

Not a bad suggestion... I might pitch this to my fleet manger and see if he will let me attempt this on one of his lifts... He is really cool about letting me use his tools... He is a little more anal about his lifts.

This is a total mystery... On my back under the car there is no obvoius things to see... nothing is rubbing... everything seems to be were it should.. Nothing broken or loose... no CV grease or anything.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

just a stupid thought here and one of the last times, i posted one on the caddyinfo board my bones got jumped ...

can you put it on a lift, with someone inside the car, to engage it in gear and give it gas while

turning the steering wheel slowly back and forth while you listen for the problem area ???

i prefer, very carefully, using a piece of PVC pipe as a stethoscope ...

and if it did not, make the noise then it might point to the suspension problem ...

and if it does make the noise then you can probably localize the area as to the problem ...

just another stupid thought on my part ... my bad ...

Lane

Not a bad suggestion... I might pitch this to my fleet manger and see if he will let me attempt this on one of his lifts... He is really cool about letting me use his tools... He is a little more anal about his lifts.

This is a total mystery... On my back under the car there is no obvoius things to see... nothing is rubbing... everything seems to be were it should.. Nothing broken or loose... no CV grease or anything.

Onyx, i just thought about this again, and if you do try this, then use a piece of rubber hose instead of PVC pipe ...

just because, i do stuiped stuff , you shouldn't have to suffer for it and become a soda straw head ...

PVC, has worked very well for me in the past, for localize noises but it is very dangerous around moving parts ...

stay a liitle safer and use rubber hose ...

catmendo

My son, daughter and I have had a lot of fun building this up

Its got flat top Speed pro pistons (9.5:1 cr)

olds%20350%20build%20030.jpg

Ported, polished heads with 455 sized valves

Corvallis%202008%20048.jpg

Roller rockers and a double roller timing chain, Holley "dominator" high rise intake and a Lunati "voodoo" "262" cam

I hope to have in the car by labour day.

Definately post it on youtube I want to hear that engine. There is nothing sweeter than a 3/4 race CAM lope through headers, it gives me chills and turns my head. I just went to www.lunati.com very cool company and products, Mike

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I use a ChassisEar to find them squeaks, rattles, rumbles, clicks, etc. Works great. Can find them every time.

Best part is you can hook it up and go for a roadtest to duplicate the noise, and you don't have to get close

to any of those moving parts.

Archived