CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Thank you!!!!

I just want to thank you all for your contributions to this forum....A few weeks ago I had the traction control light appear on my dash after replacing the brakes and brake lights.

I took my cadillac seville 2000 that I had just purchased to my local dealer. They had the car for four days!! Told me the Cruise control was the cause....they replaced that and then told me that was not the problem....THEN they told me the ABS needed to be replaced. GM told then that was probably the cause. It would have cost me over 1000.00. I asked for my car back. My husband and I subscribed to AllData.com and I did some searches on this forum. GUESS WHAT!! It was the Stop Lamp switch that was suggested right here on this very forum.....My husband and I fixed it for 25.00.

The dealer charged me $488.00 for NOTHING!!!

Thank you everyone!

I just want to thank you all for your contributions to this forum....A few weeks ago I had the traction control light appear on my dash after replacing the brakes and brake lights.

I took my cadillac seville 2000 that I had just purchased to my local dealer. They had the car for four days!! Told me the Cruise control was the cause....they replaced that and then told me that was not the problem....THEN they told me the ABS needed to be replaced. GM told then that was probably the cause. It would have cost me over 1000.00. I asked for my car back. My husband and I subscribed to AllData.com and I did some searches on this forum. GUESS WHAT!! It was the Stop Lamp switch that was suggested right here on this very forum.....My husband and I fixed it for 25.00.

The dealer charged me $488.00 for NOTHING!!!

Thank you everyone!

The "throw parts at it until you finally fix it" is S.O.P. at many dealers.

If I were you, I would get the diagnostic print-out, the bill and a copy of the article from this board and then complain to GM about the needless expense that the dealers ineptitude caused you. You shouldn't be required to pay for repairs that were done as trouble shooting and not required. Some states have laws against this practice.

Good Luck,

Britt

Britt

I agree. I would not have paid them for something that did not need to be done and did not fix the problem. I'd go back and have a talk with the owner.

Archived