CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2003 STS headunit problem

MWit81

Hi Guys!

I am new here. I'm the owner of three cadillacs: 94 STS, 98 STS and 2003 STS. 2003 STS has the same problem with a head unit as it was described in post titled "Lots of codes! No radio/nav! HELP!". I know that I need radio upgrade software DVD p/n 19115256 (in my service station they suggest 15923712) to solve this problem. I have no possibility to buy it in Europe or even in the USA. Maybe somebody could help me. It will be great.

Best regards.

PS. My email address is: mwitkow@wp.pl

Hello. I have the 19115256 disc and have used it with great success. I made a copy of it and sent it to Jan Olson in Sweden. Where in Europe do you live . I can ask him to send it to you when he is finished. Please let me know

• 11 months later...
Hello. I have the 19115256 disc and have used it with great success. I made a copy of it and sent it to Jan Olson in Sweden. Where in Europe do you live . I can ask him to send it to you when he is finished. Please let me know

Hi Weephee,

I was wondering if you can help me out please??

I had some work done on my 02 DTS and the battery went dead at the dealership. When they charged the battery they killed my navigation. it now does not work and it has a message on the screen that says:

Caution cannot load system software. Disk type incorrect. Please insert correct system disk.

I looked it up and I need the P/N 19115256 disk and cannot find it for sale anywhere. I am in Toronto and was wondering if you can please send me a copy of the disk. I will pay for all shipping and pay for it if you require.

Can you please help me??

Thank you very much.

Anthony

Hi Weephee,

I was wondering if you can help me out please??

I had some work done on my 02 DTS and the battery went dead at the dealership. When they charged the battery they killed my navigation. it now does not work and it has a message on the screen that says:

Caution cannot load system software. Disk type incorrect. Please insert correct system disk.

I looked it up and I need the P/N 19115256 disk and cannot find it for sale anywhere. I am in Toronto and was wondering if you can please send me a copy of the disk. I will pay for all shipping and pay for it if you require.

Can you please help me??

Thank you very much.

Anthony

And, your dealer's repsonse to this problem is...

Wheepee, please ignore this message.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Hey Jims_97_ETC,

The dealer says that it was like that when I brought it there. I said it was working when I brought it. My word against the service advisors. He said he would check into it then says they don't fix radios they get an outside company to come. So then I went to another Cadillac dealer and they had a audio company come and look at it and he says it can't be fixed and it will cost me $2310.00 to replace it. Thats when I went on the web and found out there is a disc that can fix it.

Caddi02DTS

I would call Cadillac Customer Service. The phone number should be in your owners' manual. If not let us know and one of us will look it up. It seems to me that one should be provided with the car, and would be in the owners' manual pouch.

If anyone here can provide one, or a copy, for Caddi02DTS legally, please say so. If there is a copyright or some such please let us know about that also.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

• 4 years later...

Hello ,

I am getting a huge run around with the Cadillac Dealerships ( 3 ) of them with getting my issue with the navigation system resolved . I have replaced the battery two weeks ago and I have this message on the navigation screen .

Caution cannot load system software disk type incorrect please insert correct system disk .

The P/N I found through digging through for similar issues was; 2002-2005 Cadillac Deville/Seville, Software Disk GM Service Number 19115256, Software Disk Denso Service Part Number(NNN) NNN-NNNN Software Version V3.10

The disk is re-issued about once a year, apparently with the same part number. Each re-issue has the current versions of the applications (your radio, nav system, and any other functions in that computer such as maintaining the music and other contents of your HD, etc. as well as up-to-date nav map information. They are pricey. If all you want is to get your radio working, any old disc with the right part number for your car can do.

• 7 months later...

Hello
I am the owner of the car Cadillac Seville STS 2002. The problem with the car radio and navigation. Need a disk with software, catalog number 19115256. The dealer is none. I live in Ukraine. Help buy. Or who have make a copy. Help will be grateful. Writing through translation.

post-25755-0-91090300-1389952218_thumb.j

Archived