CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 Deville Rear AC Blows HOT

I have a 2000 Deville. The front AC blows cold, but the rear blows hot. The rear controls appear to work, but the air is never cool. When the rear AC is turned off, the rear fan shuts down but you can still feel warm air near the two vents. Any guesses where to begin?

B0429 Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance

The temperature control circuit for the rear isn't working.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

B0429 Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance

The temperature control circuit for the rear isn't working.

Is the temperature control circuit something I can order and replace on my own?? Where is it located?

On my car, the rear A/C controls are in the console between the front seats. A check of my model year 1997 FSM didn't turn up anything on B0429, interestingly enough.

I don't have information on body details relevant to the 2000 Deville. Someone with experience if unstacking the rear seat temperature control door or with a model year 2000 FSM needs to step in here.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

It is the auxiliary (rear) actuator that has failed. It is on or near the blower under the dash. I'd suggest you get a FSM before going after it.

It's the Cadillac Factory Service Manual. I got mine off of Ebay, you can find them cheap if you look. I think they're around 150 new. I got a great deal on one for my 1995 though.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Archived