CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

"BEAUTY COVER" REMOVAL

GOOB

Last week while trying to remove the cover so I can check/change my fuel pressure regulator, I could not get any ot the bolts to turn. I didn't want to force the issue and strip/snap something so I stopped. Any suggestions on getting these things off?

I just use a 1/4" drive ratchet with a Torx bit. They can be a little snug but shouldn't be that hard. (You are turning counter-clockwise I hope.)

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

You need a torx bit, I forget what size and you shouldn't have any trouble, they simply unscrew out. I am assuming you are turning them counterclockwise and you are trying to remove the bolts with the rubber grommets around the perimitter of the intake manifold, I believe there are 10 of them? If they keep turning but don't come off, they may be stripped?? Be sure NOT to start car with that intake manifold cover off!!

I have the correct size bite. Just wanted to make sure they were not "reverse" screws because they seem to be way too tight! Maybe trying it when the engine is cool will make a difference. I guess I'll give it another shot this weekend

Archived