CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Quick question on Fuel Door & Trunk Release...

1999 DeVille, neither the Fuel door release button works, nor the trunk release from inside the car. They both stopped working at the same time. I see they carry relays at Autozone, etc... and they are both the same number, question is do they share one, or are here two separate ones? Also are these the probable culprits? Thanks, I just sold the car, and have to get it ready for delivery this afternoon...

When I bought my 92 Seville, I saw the nylon wire and black tag in the trunk for the emergency release on the gas door. I pulled it. It immediately snapped off!!

Oh well... :huh:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Thanks to 98Concours! You saved the day, the Valet Switch was in the ON Position. I placed it in the OFF position, Viola, El Worky Perfectly!!! Thanks guy, I really appreciate you help. I would have never thought to check that item, as I never use the Valet feature. Thanks again...if you are ever in El Paso, holler and I'll buy you a beer or twelve... :D

Archived