CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help

Julio

Greetings,

I have the engine out of the caddy and I am currently getting parts, I diffently have 3 stripped treads on the odd side of the block, it is all I have taken off at this time. It seems the head gaskets come with head bolts from the dealer for $68.96. Wholesale parts4u.com has the gaskets for fifty and change but don't know if they come with bolts.

The 1/2 case leaks oil and it appears the rear seal is also bad. So I plan to fix all of that. My situation is that I know I have seen discussions on this board about time cert or tyme inserts or what ever kits. The dealer knows nothing of these and say they have helicoils but not a kit with the tap, bit and guide. Where can I get the kit?

One more questions for you wiz bang Northstar guru's when I crack open the half case will I have to helicoil the main cap threads and where do you get the tools and parts for that?

Thank you for taking the time to read and offer assistance.

Julio

My situation is that I know I have seen discussions on this board about time cert or time inserts or what ever kits. The dealer knows nothing of these and say they have helicoils but not a kit with the tap, bit and guide. Where can I get the kit?

Check out www.timesert.com. The kit you need is the Northstar 1st repair kit. Notice that there is a kit to repair the threads after a failed attempt using heli-coils....

You dealer should be aware of the TimeSerts.... or the Kent-Moore special tool J-xxxxx. If not, tell him to read the service manual! :blink:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived