CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Questions about 2004 Deville options

Hey guys,

Ive got a few questions about a 2004 Deville, maybe someone who knows more about devilles can answer my questions.

First, some background info. It is at a dealer I believe, and was listed as a 2004 DTS. It has 111,000 miles, asking $7,900.

VIN is 1G6KD54Y4UU197590

From what I can find, if it is a DTS, then it will have the 300HP motor. If it is a DHS or base model, it will have the 275 motor.

Will a DTS have the road sensing suspension? Can a DHS or base model?

I believe the Y in the VIN means it has the 275 motor like the SLS. Is this correct for the Devilles as well?

Does the 04 Devilles still have onboard code reading, or do I have to call Onstar? Do you have to have the subscription active to run the codes with Onstar?

I also saw that the DTS has 235 tires on 17s and the DHS and base have 225s on 16s, so I plan to check that as well.

Blue book for a DTS in good condition is about 12400, DHS is 11900, and base is 9800, so it is a good deal IMO if it is actually a DTS, but Im guessing it is not because of the VIN.

Are there any other ways to easily tell the model? I see some have the hood ornament, possibily just the DHS or base?

Is there anything else specifically to look for as far as problems with this year deville?

If someone has a carfax and can run the vin for me and email me, that would be great. JKing220@Gmail.com

Thanks for any insight guys, I figured you could give me more insight than all the crap Im finding on google.

Jonah

For the 2000-2005 model years, a DTS or DHS will not have a hood ornament, will have a body colored grill, and a console shifter. The base Deville will have a hood ornament, chrome grill, and a column shifter.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

VIN is 1G6KD54Y4UU197590

This VIN is not for a DTS (Y vs 9 as eigth character).

Will a DTS have the road sensing suspension?

Yes.

Does the 04 Devilles still have onboard code reading....

Yes. And the button layout is the same as your STS.

Are there any other ways to easily tell the model? I see some have the hood ornament, possibily just the DHS or base?

Only the Deville has the hood ornament.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

For the 2000-2005 model years, a DTS or DHS will not have a hood ornament, will have a body colored grill, and a console shifter. The base Deville will have a hood ornament, chrome grill, and a column shifter.

Kevin, only the DTS was the console shift.

Thanks guys... car looked ok... it had two history codes... they dont scare me at all... gotta check what they are for though.

The major thing that scared me was the trans fluid was showing 65%... but I pulled the stick and it smelled brand new... hmmmm <_<

I havent heard of many trans below 98 or 97% unless there were problems... there was no towing hitch... any ideas why it could be so low?

over all it wasnt a bad car.

Thanks for the advice,

Jonah

Kevin, only the DTS was the console shift.

Yep - I realized that after I posted and forgot to edit the post.

The major thing that scared me was the trans fluid was showing 65%... but I pulled the stick and it smelled brand new... hmmmm <_<

I havent heard of many trans below 98 or 97% unless there were problems... there was no towing hitch... any ideas why it could be so low?

It's possible someone had a hitch mounted on it and took it off. I wouldn't be too concerned about the trans fluid life though. At least it wasn't 0%.....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived