CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2002 DEVILLE CODES

:lol:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Look them up and post them.

I know B0429 is common and not a bit deal. It is the rear temperature actuator door. It is not in the commanded position, but my understanding is that it does not take much to set that DTC. If you're not having a problem with it, ignore it.

P0410 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System

B0429 Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance

C0660 Level Control Exhaust Valve Circuit Malfunction

The P0410 should set the Check Engine light and cause it to fail emissions inspection. The cause of the B0429 will cause the back seat air temperature to be something other than what the passengers set it to. The C0660 may mean that the level control isn't working.

I don't have the right manuals to tell you anything about the secondary AIR system; someone with a FSM applicable to the 2002 Deville should answer this one.

You can probably free up or fix the temperature control door, or find the vacuum line and uncrimp it.

The level control code is sometimes caused by a loose or damaged connector or wiring, sometimes by a bad solenoid. You should check your system for leaks as well in any case.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Thanks Ranger and Jim.. i dont get a check engine light tho... and i do need trans fluid..

Dana,

Are you looking to start another thread on your transmission :)

Actually, I am curious what advice you decided to take, and update just one of those topics.

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone have an FSM on a 2002 deville that could help me with P0410 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System? also the B0429 Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance is causing my rear seats to have hot air comming out when i have the air on, anyway to correct this code?

does anyone have an FSM on a 2002 deville that could help me with P0410 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System? also the B0429 Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance is causing my rear seats to have hot air comming out when i have the air on, anyway to correct this code?

you might try looking at some of these ... just a thought ...

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...=cadillac+P0410

you might try looking at some of these ... just a thought ...

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...=cadillac+P0410

very helpful thanks.

Yo DanaF,

You recently asked again: "anyone with info on fixing B0429 for the mixed air temp in the rear?"

A couple of veteran members have already noted how to take care of the rear HVAC, B0429 Temperature Control.

Jims _97-ETC: "You can probably free up or fix the temperature control door, or find the vacuum line and uncrimp it."

Ranger: "I know B0429 is common and not a bit deal. It is the rear temperature actuator door. It is not in the commanded position, but my understanding is that it does not take much to set that DTC. If you're not having a problem with it, ignore it."

These HVAC "doors" or dampners are simply vacuum-actuated servos or diaphragms. They open and close per the HVAC, but can easily get jammed with "stuff" or have the vac line off or crimped.

And like Winterset noted: "Actually, I am curious what advice you decided to take, and update just one of those topics."

Good luck! ;)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Yo DanaF,

You recently asked again: "anyone with info on fixing B0429 for the mixed air temp in the rear?"

A couple of veteran members have already noted how to take care of the rear HVAC, B0429 Temperature Control.

Jims _97-ETC: "You can probably free up or fix the temperature control door, or find the vacuum line and uncrimp it."

Ranger: "I know B0429 is common and not a bit deal. It is the rear temperature actuator door. It is not in the commanded position, but my understanding is that it does not take much to set that DTC. If you're not having a problem with it, ignore it."

These HVAC "doors" or dampners are simply vacuum-actuated servos or diaphragms. They open and close per the HVAC, but can easily get jammed with "stuff" or have the vac line off or crimped.

And like Winterset noted: "Actually, I am curious what advice you decided to take, and update just one of those topics."

Good luck! ;)

i dont understand what you mean when said to uncrimp a vaccum line.... and update which topic??

HVAC doors have been motor driven on Sevilles since at least 1998 and Devilles since 2000.

Your B0429 might be cured by slowly changing the selected rear seat temperature from minimum to maximum several times. Doing this will be commanding the door actuator to move through the complete range of travel and if the door or actuator is simply stuck (due to not being used), you might get lucky.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

HVAC doors have been motor driven on Sevilles since at least 1998 and Devilles since 2000.

Your B0429 might be cured by slowly changing the selected rear seat temperature from minimum to maximum several times. Doing this will be commanding the door actuator to move through the complete range of travel and if the door or actuator is simply stuck (due to not being used), you might get lucky.

thanks Jim.. now if this doesnt work.. what would be the next step to take?

• 3 weeks later...

According to my FSM, if the code is present as current, the temperature door actuator will try and recalibrate everytime you turn the key on. If it is anything like my mode actuator problem, you will hear a ticking sound somewhere behind the glove box. If all else fails, remove the glovebox and see if there is anything binding in the door from moving through it's full range. The previous posts are correct, these are not vacuum operated anymore, they are DC stepper motors. If it needs replacing, gmpartsdirect.com had the price for my mode actuator half the dealers price at 41 bucks plus shipping. You are looking for the temerature door actuator.

Millwright71

According to my FSM, if the code is present as current, the temperature door actuator will try and recalibrate everytime you turn the key on. If it is anything like my mode actuator problem, you will hear a ticking sound somewhere behind the glove box. If all else fails, remove the glovebox and see if there is anything binding in the door from moving through it's full range. The previous posts are correct, these are not vacuum operated anymore, they are DC stepper motors. If it needs replacing, gmpartsdirect.com had the price for my mode actuator half the dealers price at 41 bucks plus shipping. You are looking for the temerature door actuator.

Millwright71

thanks for this post and the other.. on my other thread

Archived