CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CORSA/OTHER Exhaust Mod Owners

jinxed45

I have a Flowmaster catback exuast. No resonator. It seems as if I would be gettin a slight increase in mpg, but i drive a little diffent now, gas it a little more sometimes or longer, but then again I'm very aware of when and how much throttle I'm giving it cause I can hear it. And also each week, I probably drive diffent, so there would be too many diffences to compare anything. I could be driving harder or uphill more than other times so the mile wouldn't really be a good way. But it either way about the mpg, it doesn't make a huge difference, nothing really noticable. And the Flowmaster sounds more throaty than the Corsa, but I only heard the Corsa one on their webpage.

Any free flowing exhaust should improve gas mileage because the engine is operating more efficeintly. Less back pressure. I got about 1.5-2mpg better with my Corsa but, now I get less because I always have my foot in it because I love the way it sounds.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

Mark,

Any free flowing exhaust should improve gas mileage because the engine is operating more efficeintly. Less back pressure. I got about 1.5-2mpg better with my Corsa but, now I get less because I always have my foot in it because I love the way it sounds.

Is there a big difference in the sound? Is it louder, quieter or about the same as far as the decible level and the tone?

Thanks

Jim

Mark,

Is there a big difference in the sound? Is it louder, quieter or about the same as far as the decible level and the tone?

Thanks

Jim

I'm sure it would be louder..100% sure it would , or whats the point in spending big money on an exhaust system that doesnt make noise? LOL

My Dynomax mufflers are pretty deep toned, something i didnt expect but learning to like...

Is there a big difference in the sound?  Is it louder, quieter or about the same as far as the decible level and the tone?

It's louder when you put your foot in it, but very deep muscle car sound. Not obnoxious at all. Quite at cruising speed.Check out their site

http://www.corsaperf.com/flashc5-tiger.htm

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

I'm sure it would be louder..100% sure it would , or whats the point in spending big money on an exhaust system that doesnt make noise? LOL

To make power. ;) Boys like noise. Going fast with class means making good power without all the shouting!

That's what I liked about the Buick Grand Nationals. While all the muscle cars are hooting and hollaring with their Flowmasters and straight pipes, the GN just blows them all away, and you can't even hear it kicking arse. :D

That's what I like about my Northstar. It's quiet as a kitten, and outruns Japanese boys with their straight pipes all day long.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I didn't really notice any MPG changes............... it's a possibliity I got about 1mpg more on the highway on long trips but i'm not positive.. But it is loud :) you can hear it far away when I hit the gas.. but I also have a high flow cat and i'm sure that increases the sound quite a bit. It sounds like an outboard boat engine at WOT :)

Noise initself doesn't mean it will perform any better ... which is why I asked. I could of been a little clearer with my question (which was answered by Mark) as I am interested in the normal driving. At WOT it really doesn't matter that much to me at that point.

That's what I liked about the Buick Grand Nationals. While all the muscle cars are hooting and hollaring with their Flowmasters and straight pipes, the GN just blows them all away, and you can't even hear it kicking arse.

My point exactly.

Jim

Hehe.. well the CORSA is a straight through system with a resonator .. it's pretty darn loud even normal driving around (at least with a high flow cat). Even at highway crusing it sounds like about the same volume as a stock corvette sounds like when going down the highway.. it's decently quiet but it the grumbling can be heard.. I would suspect with a normal CAT that it would be quite a bit quieter, and that with a system like a 2 or 3 chamber dynomax or flowmaster might be even quieter.. The stock exhaust is pretty good for what it does but there's some power being taken out to make it REAL quiet.. The corsa is a good example of good engineering because it's tuned for the engine and the resonator is tuned to reduce noise at cruising. I'll tell you one thing though, at WOT it can be heard just as much as these guys with camaros and mustangs with done up exhaust (I used to have one heeh)

So to summarize.. If you are listening to the radio you can't hear it cruising

If you have windows down you can definitely hear it

if you have windows up and cruising you hear a low blub blub blub but then again that could be due to my hi-flow cat... Mark would have a better idea of it since i believe he still has the stock CAT

Also, i'm not sure $1000 for the corsa system is worth it, although it is all stainless steel which is a plus for longevity

bigfoo,

I know someone else that had the Corsa system put on at their factory in Cleveland like I did, but he had them put on a high flow cat that he supplied and they said it was a lot louder than than their normal system is. Sooo I think I will stay with the stock cat as mine is apparently quieter than yours.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

Archived