CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The paragraphs below are paraphrased from the March issue of Men's Fitness, it was a preface written by the editor Rob Johnson. It impressed me so much, that I wrote him a note telling him how motivational it was to me. Having gone through a few major life changing experiences recently it was timely. They are publishing my letter in the June/July issue.

Recently I've embraced this mantra: focus my time, energy, and passion on things I can control. Everything else is irrelevant. A waste. I have also made an empowering discovery: I can actually control more than I once thought.

Despite the challenges, setbacks and expected pitfalls life tosses as us like spitwads from the office moron, we can actually profoundly impact our lives and well being. We can control how we spend our time. We all have friends who say, "I can't find time to work out". Please. Get your *smurf* up an hour earlier in the morning and head to the gym.

Take control of your day, decide what's really important to your happiness and well-being and choose today to spend time on those things, not others. We can also choose how we react to life's high, hard curveballs--those unexpected events that jolt us off course, ahh I know all about those.. We've all experienced them--being laid off, the death of a loved one, the end of a relationship, the loss of a friend. We all get knocked down. How we react is our choice. Resentment, Anger, Self-Pity. They're easy options and sometimes necessary way stations on our path toward healing. But why wallow there. Choose the positive course, choose passion. Choose to deploy your newfound control to achieve your goals. Choose success.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Sounds like the wisdom of the Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy with Him

Forever in the next.

Amen.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived