CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

"SPEED LIMITED TO 145"

This message came up while I was driving today. At the time I was doing only about 25 KMH. I think perhaps a bag of fast food accidentally operated the Traction Control button but I am not sure.

What would cause the computer to anounce that it was limiting the speed to 145 KMH (about 90 MPH)? I couldn't run it up there to see if it really was limiting on that road, but the message never returned after I cleared it.

Hmm.. i think that happens when the stability of the car is reduced like a bumpy road or something . .but ii'm not positive.. it's happened to me once before

This message popped up on my 99 STS as well. It was winter time when it happened to me. I was sitting in a parking lot and had just started the car. This kinda blows the bumpy road theory. But it still probably has something to do with the rss. Check the codes, clear them, then take it out and go over 90 mph to see what happens. Mine went over 90 the next morning has been over 90 many times since. The message never came back.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I had that pop up a few times.....after a month it started showing up steadily..then constant...Took it in to the dealer.....they replaced CVRSS computer module PART # 9359230 $1145.00 JOB thank gawd for extended warranty..

Archived