CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

no ac

hi youall, new to the site,i have been reading all the posts,great site.i have a 92 seville,the ac stoped working,checked fuse,checked freon,even jumped out low pressure switch.disconnected ground cable,hooked up,worked great for awhile.wife tryed it today,no ac.tryed the cable disconnect again,did not work this time.any body shead any light on this problem? thanks 36master :angry:

You know, I had a '92 but damned if I can remember. I think it might be the same as my '97 "OFF & WARMER" bottons. Simultaneously press & hold them. I suspect there may be a code stored that will lead you to the problem.

"Service A/C" plus your symptoms leads me to think it needs an R12 top off.

Never talk about a new one infront of the old one. They just don't seem to understand.....The cars that is, but I suppose the same would hold true for wives. ;)

On a 92 Deville the "off" and "warmer" buttons do make the codes come up in the fuel data area. When "FF" comes up it is done. I have heard of people just cleaning the electrical connection to the compressor to get it working again. Is anything else not working?

post-3-1084150927.jpg

Archived