CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trans Fluid Change

I want to change my tans fluid in my 2000 sts.. what type of fluid is best for my trans, and filter type? Also is there any need to add a trans fuid condiotioner like " Lucas Oil Products Transmission Additive "?

off the topic sometimes when im driving my ABS and Traction light comes on and the board reads service stability system(if i remember correctly).. when i turn the car off it goes away. any reason for this?

I've heard that the new Dexron VI is backward compatible, check with GM to be sure. There is no need to add any additives to your transmission, I'd advise against it. Just use the proper fluid, in the proper amount, and you will be good for another 100,000 miles.

I'd do a topic search on this board for the "traction control" message. It can be caused by a few obvious things. The ones that come to mind are mismatched tire sizes, rusted "cog wheels" on the axle (a 1999 Chevy truck recall), and bad wheel speed sensors. This could also be the cause of your "SSS" warning light. Have you checked the codes yet? If so, post the results here and someone will guide you further.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I've heard that the new Dexron VI is backward compatible, check with GM to be sure. There is no need to add any additives to your transmission, I'd advise against it. Just use the proper fluid, in the proper amount, and you will be good for another 100,000 miles.

I'd do a topic search on this board for the "traction control" message. It can be caused by a few obvious things. The ones that come to mind are mismatched tire sizes, rusted "cog wheels" on the axle (a 1999 Chevy truck recall), and bad wheel speed sensors. This could also be the cause of your "SSS" warning light. Have you checked the codes yet? If so, post the results here and someone will guide you further.

checked them and got ABD C1246 current... and i forgot the exact wording of what this code means.. but im waiting for some one with a FSM to give me the proper diagnosed procedure

Archived