CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Finally!!! Purchased my STS...

Babydon

After a few test drives and all a disappointment - due to for seen problems and prices, I finally bought a 2001 STS.

I'm not sure exactly what color it is - looks white with a pearl finish.

She was dirty inside and under the hood which turned me away at first, plus the wreath on the front emblem was missing.

I still had a feeling however so I asked a co-worker for the keys...

BTW - I should mention that I work at a car auction and she was on the lot for that day to be up for bidding.

I drove her around the automall, side streets - wish I could take her on the hwy but she had no plates.

No vibrating, no moans, actually when idle she was so quiet i thought the car was off!

I parked her back into the lot and walked away looking back saying "darn she could be really beautiful..."

Oh well, back to work...

I'm on the block, running back and fourth between bidders, salesmen and auctioneer, when she pulls into the lane i'm working.

I couldn't stop thinking about the lucky bidder who gets to take her home...

"We'll start the bid at $6000" - "geez $6000?" I thought to myself - I immediately approached a salesman and said, "what if I want it? Can I bid?"

I wasn't sure of the response I would get simply because, I'm working, and have no bidder number either.

He goes "You want it? Let me know right now and I'll stop the bidding" . . . "I want it..."

He signals the auctioneer to stop the bidding and tells the driver to move....

Unfair, some of the bidders may have thought but to me it was an opportunity, and I took it like it was meant to be.

I'm thinking wow, $6000 as I'm walking outside to have one last look before the driver parks her, and the salesman says to me...

"$5500 for you, believe me that's a steal, you're walking away with a great deal today"

I walk casually back to the block to work, but in my head I'm screaming for joy.

My budget was around 10k for an STS and I just grabbed a hidden gem for $5500!!!

Did I mention she only has 68,000 miles?!!! :lol:

At the end of the day I happily payed my deposit, when another salesman approached me and gave me a number to his friend,

a GM Mechanic who apparently is also a wiz with Caddy's - as if my day couldn't have gotten any better.

I've attached a pic - let me know what you guys think!

335a099287.jpg

That's the Pearl White premium paint job. Some kid probably pried the emblem off for his bedroom wall when it was parked. Congratulations.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

That's the Pearl White premium paint job. Some kid probably pried the emblem off for his bedroom wall when it was parked. Congratulations.

These kids - must've ran out of time cuz the crest is still there - just got the wreath.

Anyway, I already contacted GM for a new emblem, $40 - $60 depending on which emblem I choose.

Most likely the new one to replace the monochromatic version on the '01.

Hope there isn't much else I need to do under the hood though... we'll see... :)

Also going to have her detailed in and out...

http://www.finedetails.ca/home.php

Any opposition on having your engine detailed/cleaned?

Thanks!!!

335a099287.jpg

:welcomesmiley:

I'm jealous!

Many happy miles.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Also going to have her detailed in and out...

http://www.finedetails.ca/home.php

Any opposition on having your engine detailed/cleaned?

Im not a real fan of engine detailing. Do they pressure wash it?

I think the oil and dirt just shows character. B)

I normally just clean under the hood myself, because I dont think pressure washing the engine bay is the way to go.

JMO

Jonah

I love that car!! looks exactly like mine ;)

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2001 Cadillac Seville STS

2000 Ford Ranger XLT
1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD
1965 VW Beetle "Herbie The Love Bug Replica**

1961 VW Beetle

What an awesome opportunity. Congratulations on scoring such a great deal on a find. I could feel your excitement as I read your post. I used to go to dealer auctions now and then with a buddy of mine. It's jaw dropping how low many of the vehicles sell for. Good luck with your STS.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived