CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1994 STS CODE HISTORY R035

briancadi

I am gettin a code history of r035? now i was wondering what this code ment and if by any chance because it is a history code if it is still affecting my car or if it was a one time code and just stored in there.

thanks guys.

R035 Discriminating Sensor Open or Missing

That's an air bag code. Somebody probably disconnected the air bag sensor on the radiator support to work on the car. This is necessary to pull the steering wheel for any purpose and for other work. If it's a History code, I would reset it and see if it comes back.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

That's an air bag code. Somebody probably disconnected the air bag sensor on the radiator support to work on the car. This is necessary to pull the steering wheel for any purpose and for other work. If it's a History code, I would reset it and see if it comes back.

Will this affect anything.. because i dont really care to go through everything to recconect it if its a simple thing such as that.. ??

Will this affect anything.. because i dont really care to go through everything to recconect it if its a simple thing such as that.. ??

From the sounds of it, your airbag might not deploy in an accident.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Archived