CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

EGR Pintle Position data

Chris

I have been getting the PO26 "EGR Pintle position out of range" or something similar to that. I went into OBD mode displaying 'EGR Pintle Position' and drove around for a few minutes.

At idle/coast/WOT, it reads 29. At cruising speeds, it is 80-130. Is this normal, and what do these value represent?

Thanks!

-Chris

Howyadoin,

The valve might be sticking, it's a common problem on '93s. Have you had any driveability issues like near stalls when accelerating from a stop? If so, you might need to clean the valve. Here's some info on this. If you need more info, search the archive...

http://caddysearch.netgetgoing.com/mbarchi...d=caddymb-10449

Of course, check the electrical connection first for corrosion or looseness...

-Rav

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

I'm not sure what those numbers represent, other than some position between open & closed. I would start by pulling the EGR and cleaning it. That will probably cure your problem.

I have been getting the PO26 "EGR Pintle position out of range" or something similar to that. I went into OBD mode displaying 'EGR Pintle Position' and drove around for a few minutes.

At idle/coast/WOT, it reads 29. At cruising speeds, it is 80-130. Is this normal, and what do these value represent?

Thanks!

My '96 was doing that when I bought it. I pulled the egr, cleaned it with carb cleaner and a tooth brush. I cleaned the passages and made sure all the carb cleaner was out before re-start. The code never came back. I'm certain someone will have a better way to do it, but it worked fine for me. ;)

Thanks!

My '96 was doing that when I bought it. I pulled the egr, cleaned it with carb cleaner and a tooth brush. I cleaned the passages and made sure all the carb cleaner was out before re-start. The code never came back. I'm certain someone will have a better way to do it, but it worked fine for me. ;)

I don't think there is a better way to clean it. That's about the only way. Just be sure you hold it upright. If you hold it upside down the carb cleaner can run down into the "can" and destroy the winding insulation I am told.

Thanks!

A P026 is a shorted TP switch and nothing to do with EGR :huh:

The Pintel Position is P036....check your codes again :huh:

Lou

94 Seville STS

Whoops sorry. It should be PO36. I also have SO26 (RSS code) and keep getting the numbers messed up :)

Thanks for that link, Raven, and for everyone's advice!

-Chris

Archived