Delta Posted April 18, 2008 Report Share Posted April 18, 2008 Hello all, My remote for the 96 SLS was working intermittently, at best. Changed battery, no change. Was thinking of getting a new remote, but decided to take apart the remote. Popped it apart, and removed the rubber key pad from the circuit board and noticed that everything inside was covered with some sort of oily substance. I figured what the hell, and cleaned it completely with alcohol, underside of the rubber keyboard as well as the circuit board that the keyboard connects to. I figured, what the hell, it wasn't working anyway. Well, after completely cleaning it, put the battery back in and wallllahh! I now can get about 35 feet out of the remote effortlessly. I dont know if the factory put some sort of grease in there or something, but it wasn't working. Of course, it'll probably last a week or so, and disintegrate. I also pulled apart remote 2, and the same thing, even more! Does anyone know if the factory treats there remotes with something. Because what ever it was, it made the remotes worse, in my opinion. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.