CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Unidentified rubber part under car

Psycho

Hi

yesterday I found a funny rubber part under the middle of my 99 STS.

I checked the shop manual, but I couldn't find it in there.

Has anyone an idea???

rubber-part.jpg

Thanks.... Psycho :mellow:

Psycho.gif

243728.png LPG

That would be the fitting that allows water (condensation) to drain from the A/C evaporator housing.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

That would be the fitting that allows water (condensation) to drain from the A/C evaporator housing.

Ahhhh...

great.

Thank you very much JimD!

I will check this tomorrow.

And I found it in the shop manual volume 1 HVAC System page 1-73 ;)

Defroster nozzle...

best regards... psycho :D

Psycho.gif

243728.png LPG

Defroster nozzel? That doesn't make sense. Defrosters are up on the windshield, not under the car! JimD is more correct on this. And by the way, make sure it is clean and open when you check it, it can be a source for problems such as musty odor, backed up water into the cabin, and poor A/C performance if it gets plugged.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Be sure to re-install the piece on the evaporator housing. If you do not, the evaporator will not drain due to air being forced into the evap. housing and the condensate will overflow into the passenger compartment and make quite a mess...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Defroster nozzle? That doesn't make sense. Defrosters are up on the windshield, not under the car! JimD is more correct on this. And by the way, make sure it is clean and open when you check it, it can be a source for problems such as musty odor, backed up water into the cabin, and poor A/C performance if it gets plugged.

Defroster nozzle is what the shop manual calls it.

@KHE I will install it during the weekend!

Psycho ;)

post-744-1208376095_thumb.jpg

Psycho.gif

243728.png LPG

I know.

I'm just sayin' that I have no idea how this was lost in translation. I'd call it a condensate drain, as JimD did. If you don't believe me, just plug it off and see what happens!

I know.

I'm just sayin' that I have no idea how this was lost in translation. I'd call it a condensate drain, as JimD did. If you don't believe me, just plug it off and see what happens!

Be sure i will fix it, but what translation!

I have an original Cadillac USA shop manual, no haynes or cheap copy.

Psycho ;)

Psycho.gif

243728.png LPG

The translation from the language of the people that write shop manuals, to the people that actually use them. The differences can be quite striking at times.

• 2 weeks later...

I think my eyes are realy good, and I don't need glasses....

BUT I can't find the tupe, where the rubber part should be mounted?

Has anybody a Photo or a hint for me??

I Hope someone can help.....

Thank you Psycho :mellow:

Psycho.gif

243728.png LPG

• 2 months later...

Yesterday I tried to find the place the part shoulf be monted....

But I can't find it?

Has anybody a photo or a usefull hint for me.

I'm afraid one of the parts of my LPG-injection will block the view?!?!

I hope, somebody can help me, because now I need the climatic control.

regards Psycho :mellow:

I think my eyes are realy good, and I don't need glasses....

BUT I can't find the tube, where the rubber part should be mounted?

Has anybody a Photo or a hint for me??

I Hope someone can help.....

Thank you Psycho :mellow:

Psycho.gif

243728.png LPG

It is referred to as the evaporator drain, not the defroster module. The defroster module is located inside the car and is the two defroster vents, the manual is confusing. I can only imagine that the evaporator drain is part of the evaporator housing, you will need to access it from under the car on the passenger side.

Here is the procedure that includes the evaporator drain

HVAC Module Assembly Replacement

Removal Procedure

Tools Required

J 39500-B A/C Refrigerant Recovery, Recycling and Recharging System

Recover the refrigerant from the system. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging .

Disconnect the evaporator hose assembly from the evaporator. Refer to Evaporator Hose Assembly Replacement .

Remove the heater hoses from the heater core. Refer to Heater Hoses Replacement .

Remove the evaporator drain.

Remove the dash integration module. Refer to Dash Integration Module Replacement in Body Control System.

Remove the instrument panel assembly. Refer to Instrument Panel (I/P) Assembly Removal in Instrument Panel, Gauges, and Console.

Remove the defroster nozzle (1).

Disconnect the electrical connections to the HVAC module.

Remove the HVAC module retaining nuts.

Remove the HVAC module assembly.

Installation Procedure

Tools Required

J 39400 Electronic Halogen Leak Detector A/C

J 39500-B A/C Refrigerant Recovery, Recycling and Recharging System

Install the HVAC module assembly.

Notice

Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Install the HVAC module retaining nuts. Tighten

Tighten the HVAC module retaining nuts to 9 N·m (80 lb in).

Install the dash integration module. Refer to Dash Integration Module Replacement in Body Control System.

Reconnect the electrical connectors.

DefrosterNozzle.gif

Install the defroster nozzle (1). NOTICE #1 in the photo above, its the defroster nozzle

EvaporatorDrain.gif

Install the evaporator drain. (photo above)

Install the instrument panel assembly. Refer to Instrument Panel (I/P) Assembly Removal in Instrument Panel, Gauges, and Console.

Install the heater hoses to the heater core. Refer to Heater Hoses Replacement .

Connect the evaporator hose assembly to the evaporator core. Tighten

Tighten the evaporator hose assembly to 24 N·m (18 lb ft).

Recharge the A/C system. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging .

Leak test the A/C system. Refer to Leak Testing .

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Maybe this will help, notice the photo above, I circled a rectangular location. See the following photo, a different view, I circled the rectangular location, this might provide you with a reference point to find the evaporator drain's location, Mike

Heaterhoses.gif

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Maybe this will help, notice the photo above, I circled a rectangular location. See the following photo, a different view, I circled the rectangular location, this might provide you with a reference point to find the evaporator drain's location, Mike

Heaterhoses.gif

Ahhh.....

that looks better.

I will try this evening.

And I will post some pics, because I found the same question, I asked, in the www.

Thanks a lot Mike :lol:

Psycho.gif

243728.png LPG

Hi

yes, that helped.

I finally fixed it, but there is noc chance to see the tube from under the car.

You can feel it, but you can't see it.

Thank you BodybyFisher....

Eckhard ;)

Psycho.gif

243728.png LPG

Hi

yes, that helped.

I finally fixed it, but there is noc chance to see the tube from under the car.

You can feel it, but you can't see it.

Thank you BodybyFisher....

Eckhard ;)

You are welcome Eckhard

Archived