CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

G8 vs CTS-V vs GTO

joeb

a friend is drooling over the new G8 and I see it is available with the 3.6 motor. is that technically a caddy motor? or you can step up and get it with the LS motor which is nice and is also available in the CTS-V. the G8 sounds like a cheaper version of the CTS but not quite. but than the GTO comes with the LS motor also so there is part sharing going on. I always thought the GTO was just a cheap CTS-V since they have the same drivetrain cept for the rear end. the price difference between the V6 and V8 car seems to be in the 3k range. too bad the CTS-V is not priced the same way.

Watch out for the direct injection option. Right now that is available only in Cadillac. It's planned for Saturn, Chevrolet, and Pontiac, but don't buy the car unless you see direct injection on the window sticker.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

i also see the G8 has a manual trans option. i wonder if that is with the 6 only? maybe its with both motors? i liked my GTP and wished GM would have made it with the manual trans. oh and RWD too. so now it looks like GM is actually going to do it. in my mind, a G8 is a RWD grand prix. i guess if you wait long enough you sometimes get what you want. i guess a RWD, manual trans northstar car is just not going to show up.

i also see the G8 has a manual trans option. i wonder if that is with the 6 only? maybe its with both motors? i liked my GTP and wished GM would have made it with the manual trans. oh and RWD too. so now it looks like GM is actually going to do it. in my mind, a G8 is a RWD grand prix. i guess if you wait long enough you sometimes get what you want. i guess a RWD, manual trans northstar car is just not going to show up.

The day that happens, I will certainly be the first to buy that car hands down!

Archived