CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What happens When You Eat/Burn Your Seed Corn?

It's no secret that the early primaries in the corn state of Iowa make that a politically important state. Also, it's probably the only reason for our insane policy of burning our corn as ethanol.

It's energy efficiency negative to do such a thing; nonetheless, we do it anyway. Where is the reason?

With world wide implications I give you this: "Food Costs Rising Fastest in 17 Years." Courtesy of Iowa farmers and your own Uncle Sam.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080414/inflation_squeeze.html?.v=4

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

The ripples are showing up far and wide; a teaser from the attached file....

"A fifth of the nation’s corn crop is now used to brew ethanol for motor fuel,

and as farmers have planted more corn, they have cut acreage of other crops,

particularly soybeans. That, in turn, has contributed to a global shortfall of

cooking oil."

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I believe that capitalism is now completely out of control. Hang onto your boots, the end is near.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

My father-in-law buys cracked corn for his cattle and has seen the price of corn almost double. There has been a hay shortage here and the price of hay has went from $2.00 a square bale to $4.50. Small farmers are taking their cattle to the market early because they can't afford to feed them until grass starts growing. They do not seem to be getting a good price for them though, but if you look at beef prices lately, you know someone other than the farmers are making out like a bandit. I think greed is the killer, Supply and Demand is just used as an excuse.

I believe that capitalism is now completely out of control. Hang onto your boots, the end is near.

It will NEVER be out of control. Are your boots Rhinestone?

Seriously, do you believe there are NO opportunities available to you?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

My father-in-law buys cracked corn for his cattle and has seen the price of corn almost double. There has been a hay shortage here and the price of hay has went from $2.00 a square bale to $4.50. Small farmers are taking their cattle to the market early because they can't afford to feed them until grass starts growing. They do not seem to be getting a good price for them though, but if you look at beef prices lately, you know someone other than the farmers are making out like a bandit. I think greed is the killer, Supply and Demand is just used as an excuse.

"Supply and Demand" is never an excuse. It simply is the rule. Get used to it. It matters not whether you're a human, ape or imaginary alien, the rule applies.

We're being hit by a double whammy here. As is so often the case, it is government inspired albeit with seemingly good motives.

Adding ethanol to our fuel might seem like a good idea at first, but it is overall negative in its environmental impact when you consider the resources required to produce that ethanol.

Additionally, as we've seen, producers have understandably chosen not to grow wheat, but rather grow corn for an ethanol harvest. Result: a wheat shortage world wide. Russia has just imposed a 40% export tax on wheat in hope containing the internal price of wheat. Not likely to work.

Third world folk have just taken another hit. Even oil rich Mexicans are complaining bitterly about the price of tortillas. How's that for irony?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived