CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Dynomax mufflers installed!

Well I finally installed them and im pretty darn satisfied. It took no more than 45 min and the difference in sound is highly noticeable.

I ended up buying the tips from them so i paid in total $160 for everything (install/tips)...very pricey IMO...is it worth it?...sure if you really want your car to sound mean...

I can’t really describe how it sounds in detail (ill try and record the sound and post it online). Because it’s something new to me and to be honest I expected a little different...it kinda' sounds like a corvette :P no really <_< it does...

its not raspy or noisy its REAL DEEEEEEP toned... BTW i'll take pics soon!

hehe.. I put a high flow CAT and the corsa exhaust system on mine and it's loud as hell when you hit the gas, although it's not too bad during cruising

Cadillac STS,

What tip design did you end up going with? Any pics of them yet? Would love to hear them... Still waiting on my tips to be delivered, so I'm going crazy wanting to hear the sound myself... :blink:

Did you say you ended up going with the shorter 14" long Dynomax mufflers too? I'm hoping they are not too loud at highway speed for me. If I'm happy with these, I may put them on my 70 Bird too! B)

PS: Glad to hear you got your battery connection prob. figured out! :)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Does it sound like an outboard ? I could swear that my corsa exhaust makes my sts sound exactly like an outboard boat engine. It's a very different type of noise than what i'm used to with the older cars that I used to work on :)

Cadillac STS,

What tip design did you end up going with?  Any pics of them yet?  Would love to hear them... Still waiting on my tips to be delivered, so I'm going crazy wanting to hear the sound myself... :blink:

Did you say you ended up going with the shorter 14" long Dynomax mufflers too?  I'm hoping they are not too loud at highway speed for me.  If I'm happy with these, I may put them on my 70 Bird too! B)

PS: Glad to hear you got your battery connection prob. figured out! :)

I went with a single square type design tip, not the camaro rectangles ( didn't feel like waiting for them to come in, because i would have to order them from Ebay )...well you'll see, Im having trouble finding my digi camera. Think my Dad took it <_<

He owns an Engineering firm and uses it to take pictures at the sites....

I went with the 2.5 in/out and the case size is 20 in.

Pretty

much the same as the stock measurement wise....about 7 buks more than the 14'.....would have been better to go with the smaller ones..less back pressure :( ???

Im still trying to figure out how to post sounds ...

Archived