CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I'mmm back, help with eldo again

sbass52

My 1998 eldorado has a blower motor that will work sometimes and sometimes it don't. I can start it of a morning and the blower won't come on all the way to work , but when i come out of work it will come on ???? I had it replaced with a used one about 6 months ago and now it is doing the same thing. I had the same problems with my 1997 sts, which was replaced under warrenty at the time and never had the problem again. Is it the blower motor itself or is it a relay somewhere or is it a problem with the blowers themselves??????

My 1998 eldorado has a blower motor that will work sometimes and sometimes it don't. I can start it of a morning and the blower won't come on all the way to work , but when i come out of work it will come on ???? I had it replaced with a used one about 6 months ago and now it is doing the same thing. I had the same problems with my 1997 sts, which was replaced under warrenty at the time and never had the problem again. Is it the blower motor itself or is it a relay somewhere or is it a problem with the blowers themselves??????

Sharon,

I had a similar problem on my 1994 SLS. My problem was caused by a bad electrical plug that hooked into the blower motor.

Pull the plug at the blower motor and using a bright light, look inside the plug. If one or more of the connectors looks like it has over heated, then the plug is most likely the culprit.

A new plug can be bought from Brasington Cadillac in Gainesville, FL or your local Caddy dealer.

If you do not replace the blower motor at the same time, you should at least make sure all of the connections inside the motor's plug are bright & clean.

I ended up replacing both the motor and the plug and my blower motor problems went away.

Take Care,

Britt

Britt

Archived