CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Words of praise for the ol' girl

JasonA

Recently, my folks (fulltime RVers) were down here in NC for a visit. We collectively had a wedding to attend in Northern Virginia the other weekend and we switched vehicles on the way up there. My folks used to own my Cadillac, so it was a welcome home for them. And I was just dying to drive their new 42' Monaco Dynasty motorcoach (with a Cummins ISL 400 hp diesel), so both parties were happy.

Dad said he couldn't believe how smooth a car it still was (they sold it to me at 84k miles, it's now over 131k), and he said he had the INST MPG on the whole way and he rarely saw a number below 30 (cruised between 30 and 35). Averaged close to 29 mpg on the way up there (avg speed 65, many rest stops).

The steering on that "bus" was so slow, it took some getting used to. I'd say there were about 37 turns lock to lock. :lol: It has a full air suspension (10 bags over three axles) and rides darn good. The first time I drove the SLS after getting out of that motorhome, I felt like I was driving a NASCAR. :D

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived