CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Service Suspension System message....again

jamez74

I just bought a 1999 seville sts and the struts have been replaced. I have tried 4k7 resistors to fool the cv-rss....but they dont work. Is there any other possibilities? Can someone please help me please!!!

Other problem is that i have replaced the brake pads but i still get the message: change brake pads.

Which connestors(wich colour wires) at the cv-rss module are strut actuator connectors?

Error messages i get are: C1711,1717,1722,1726,1727

C1711 - Left Front Damper Actuator Short Circuit to Ground

C1717 - Right Front Damper Actuator Open Circuit

C1722 - Left Rear Damper Actuator Open Circuit

C1726 - Right Rear Damper Actuator Short Circuit to Ground

C1727 - Right Rear Damper Actuator Open Circuit

You are showing both open and shorted to chassis ground faults at the struts and shocks. That would point me toward a faulty resistor installation and/or a damaged wire harness allowing a wire to contact the chassis. You did mean to say 4.7 K Ohm, correct?

You are seeing the brake pad message because the circuit through the pad sensors at each wheel position is open at one or more sensors. Were the pad sensors installed? If you had the message before the pads were replaced, you would need to purchase one or more sensors in order to kill the message.

Are you doing the work yourself or hiring someone else to do it?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

C1711 - Left Front Damper Actuator Short Circuit to Ground

C1717 - Right Front Damper Actuator Open Circuit

C1722 - Left Rear Damper Actuator Open Circuit

C1726 - Right Rear Damper Actuator Short Circuit to Ground

C1727 - Right Rear Damper Actuator Open Circuit

You are showing both open and shorted to chassis ground faults at the struts and shocks. That would point me toward a faulty resistor installation and/or a damaged wire harness allowing a wire to contact the chassis. You did mean to say 4.7 K Ohm, correct?

You are seeing the brake pad message because the circuit through the pad sensors at each wheel position is open at one or more sensors. Were the pad sensors installed? If you had the message before the pads were replaced, you would need to purchase one or more sensors in order to kill the message.

Are you doing the work yourself or hiring someone else to do it?

Yes i do it myself. And yes 4.7 K ohm 0.5 watt resistors. The wire harness may be damaged thats why i wanted to know whch connector pins at the cvrss are the actuator connectors. So that i could place the resistors there.

Got it. I expect it would be easier / faster to repair any wiring damage and be sure the resistors are not touching the chassis.

I'm getting ready to have lunch with two of my favorite women right now but I can get you the pinout for the CVRSS module later today.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Got it. I expect it would be easier / faster to repair any wiring damage and be sure the resistors are not touching the chassis.

I'm getting ready to have lunch with two of my favorite women right now but I can get you the pinout for the CVRSS module later today.

think that probably it would be easier to place resistors at the module. So the pinout really would help me out.

i found some refearance to 12 ohm 50 watt resistors....or are these for older rss modules?

....i found some refearance to 12 ohm 50 watt resistors....or are these for older rss modules?
The 1998 Seville Service Manual gives the DC resistance value of the damper solenoid coil as 12.5 Ohms, plus or minus 3 Ohms. But that is the value for a continuity check only. It would be a huge waste of electrical energy to susbstitute a 12 Ohm resistor.

Pinout.

There are two connectors on the CVRSS module; the one you want is identified as C1 and has two rows of 16 pins for a total of 32 pins. The pins are labeled C1 through C16 and D1 through D16.

The other connector (C2) has two rows of 12 for a total of 24 just for reference.

LF damper solenoid = D12 light green and D13 red.

RF damper solenoid = C11 brown and C12 white/black tracer.

LR damper solenoid = C3 red/black and C4 red.

RR damper solenoid = C1 purple and C2 yellow.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

You should be seeing another code related to the SERVICE STABILITY SYS message.

c1283......whatever that means

C1283 - Excessive Time to Center Steering

You doing some slalom driving? Or having a little fun on icy roads? Clear the code and see if it returns.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Hi

I also have a service suspension message.

I have asked two shops to plug in and tell me what the codes are.

One guy had an otc box and the other a snap on tool.

They were only able to read engine type codes.

It's a 99 sts.

Is there an inexpensive reader for these suspension codes?

Thanks

To make whatever information develops searchable by future readers, I would recommend starting a new thread with the code and the phrase 'suspension position sensor' in the title.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

The least expensive repair here is to find a loose-dirty-corroded connector, or a damaged wire harness, on one or more of four components.

EBTCM module

Lateral accelerometer

Yaw rate sensor

Steering wheel position sensor

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived