CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 SLS Jeriking at 42-50 mph

Mklisch

Does it behave the same way with the gear selector in "3"?

Had the tranny rebuilt, but does not seem to do it in 3 gear but

the rpms are also up 3-400 higer too so it could be that overdrive

does not work right, I took the word of tranny guy that is was something

in the engine, the tranny is out of warrenty now. One thing more it seems

like it only does when the car warms up,and only when I step on the gas

not when I let off.

Depending on how much throttle you are using, the speed range where you are experiencing the "jerking" is the speed range where you can expect the transmission torque converter clutch to be commanded to "lock-up". If all is well, you would barely notice when the lock-up occured.

See if you feel the same jerking under these conditions; holding at a steady speed of ~~50 MPH on a level road - let your left foot rest on the brake pedal; just enough brake pedal movement to cause your stop lights to be on. Alternate with brake pedal pressure on and off several times and tell us what you observe.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Carbon build up in the phenolic spacer plates, egr canister needs cleaning, etc. Some codes would be helpful.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

you feel this jerk becuase the Motor is missfiring. At 42MPH the torque converter locks up, therefore creating a direct connection from motor to the tranny ( as stated in the above post ) ( lock up = that of a Manual Tranny car ) .. With that in mind, As i have been blasting along in all the posts on here, Clean out your mass air sensor. I cant stress out this task enough. It may not fix the issue 100% but it wont hurt anything and It could very well help or solve it. How long since the last tune-up including fuel filters and wires?

Depending on how much throttle you are using, the speed range where you are experiencing the "jerking" is the speed range where you can expect the transmission torque converter clutch to be commanded to "lock-up". If all is well, you would barely notice when the lock-up occured.

See if you feel the same jerking under these conditions; holding at a steady speed of ~~50 MPH on a level road - let your left foot rest on the brake pedal; just enough brake pedal movement to cause your stop lights to be on. Alternate with brake pedal pressure on and off several times and tell us what you observe.

It Went away? What would that be?

Archived