CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Tite Pressure Monitoring

Rusty

The tire pressure monitoring feature has been unavailable on the DIC since I bought the car used. The service tech told me he could "turn it back on" using a scan tool - about one hour labor.He also mentioned that after tires are balanced the system would have to be "reset".

How reliable is this system ? Is this feature worth using or just a potential nuisance?

I have the monitoring sys on mine and I like it. You really don't need it it's fairly accurate on mine it reads 2lbs. higher than my tire gauge. If I read 30 psi on the dic at the tire gauge on the tire it's 32 other than that no issue's It's a nice toy.I use it all the time makes it interesting to check your tire pressure on th fly.

If you rotate the tires they have to be recalibrated to the positions If you put the rf on the rr when you check it from the dic you will be reading from where the last time it was calibrated.Not a biggie to do if you have the tools..

Cheers

Jim

I also have the tire pressure monitor on my STS and it seems to match my manual reading to within a pound. Overall I like it but my one complaint is that I would like to change the upper limit on the alarm. I run my tire at 35 psi (H tires rated to 44 psi max). When the tires heat up, the pressure hits 39 psi and trips the "Check Tire Pressure" alarm on the DIC. Just a minor inconvenience but one would think that there would have been a way to reprogram this or at least be programmed from the factory to match the tires on the car!

Even though I like the feature, I'm not sure I would pay an hours labor to enable it.

Archived