CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

XM Radio in the ash tray!

JimJ

I don't have an ash tray I have a coin holder where the ash tray would be. When I pulled the wood trim piece off I found the lilghter socket behind it. Wired up the XM Roady to the 12 volts there. The only thing visible with the cover closed is a short piece of wire going into the casette player. I left enough slack to be able to eject the casette.

post-3-1083888199.jpg

Your vehicle came standard from the factory without any ashtrays or cigarette lighters. If you wanted it, it was a $15 option. The place where you installed your XM controls is just a storage space but where the optional cigarette package would go. There is a power recepticle on the passenger side of the console and also one in the rear of the console. There was also a coin holder that came standard that attaches to the driver door, inside the pocket.

Max

on the roof

Have you tried putting your receiver on the rear deck, as close as possible to the rear window? Someone else on this forum did that and he said his Sat radio works fine.

Use Velcro™.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I have the Sirius satelite radio setup in my STS. The model I have also has a FM transmitter built into the unit so no wires hanging out of my radio. I also have it in the ashtray locale(removed the ashtray).

It's funny, but when I read the topic header, I first thought you were hearing XM radio through your ashtray.....LOL :lol:

:blink:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived