CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Any Source of Genuine Cadillac Parts

amber

I need a new alternator and a heater blower motor. My battery not charging light comes on when I first start the car. This has gone on for about a month, if I rev it goes off., Last week my blower quit working. This probably is what burnt out the heater blower motor.

The car is at the dealer and they want $301.75 for the alternator and $450 for the blower motor. Wiht installation this comes to about $1500.

I can get these parts at Buy-OEM-parts.com for 1/2 the price but have not bought from them before. Does anyone have experience with purchasing from them or another genuine oem part source?

If so which one?

Thank you.

I have had good luck with GMPartsDirect.com.

I had an issue where I did not get the correct quantity of a part, and they promptly sent me the missing part.

just my experience... seem as cheap or cheaper than other places.

Jonah

I need a new alternator and a heater blower motor. My battery not charging light comes on when I first start the car. This has gone on for about a month, if I rev it goes off., Last week my blower quit working. This probably is what burnt out the heater blower motor.

The car is at the dealer and they want $301.75 for the alternator and $450 for the blower motor. Wiht installation this comes to about $1500.

I can get these parts at Buy-OEM-parts.com for 1/2 the price but have not bought from them before. Does anyone have experience with purchasing from them or another genuine oem part source?

If so which one?

Thank you.

What a rip-off. rolleyes.gif We'll help you.

RockAuto has a remanufactured ACDelco alternator for $178.79

ACDelco blower motor for $257.99

That's a savings for cost of parts of $314.97

I'm sure others will chime in. I have not purchased from Buy-OEM-parts.com before. Many here, including me, have purchased from RockAuto without any problems.

I have had good luck with GMPartsDirect.com.

I had an issue where I did not get the correct quantity of a part, and they promptly sent me the missing part.

just my experience... seem as cheap or cheaper than other places.

They are cheaper till you add the shipping. Then they are about the same. They are a Chevy dealer though and shipping is quite slow from my experience. I prefer gmotors or rockauto.

There are many web-based Cadillac-specific parts sources that I am not aware of. But I am very aware of this one:

http://www.gmotors.com/contact.asp

Brasington Cadillac-Saab

Parts Department

2001 N.W. 13th St.

Gainesville, FL 32601

Bill, Marty, Chris (and possibly others)

352-378-5301

800-535-4608

Have your VIN available. Mention that you are asking for web-sales price quotes.

These folks will go the extra mile for a customer. Two years ago, I telephone ordered struts plus the strut tower brace. One hour later, they called me back to say the shipping would be delayed because the strut tower brace had to be shipped from Lansing. When I asked if the brace could be sent direct to me, they said they preferred to have it sent to Florida so they could check the numbers and have everything I ordered sent to me in one shipment from Gainesville.

And all the parts I ordered arrived 5 business days later! Now I understand this was a high dollar parts order and I am not that many UPS miles from Gainesville, but I was impressed with their service. And that has earned them several more parts orders and my endorsement.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

There are many web-based Cadillac-specific parts sources that I am not aware of. But I am very aware of this one:

<a href="http://www.gmotors.com/contact.asp" target="_blank">http://www.gmotors.com/contact.asp</a>

Brasington Cadillac-Saab

Parts Department

2001 N.W. 13th St.

Gainesville, FL 32601

Bill, Marty, Chris (and possibly others)

352-378-5301

800-535-4608

Have your VIN available. Mention that you are asking for web-sales price quotes.

These folks will go the extra mile for a customer. Two years ago, I telephone ordered struts plus the strut tower brace. One hour later, they called me back to say the shipping would be delayed because the strut tower brace had to be shipped from Lansing. When I asked if the brace could be sent direct to me, they said they preferred to have it sent to Florida so they could check the numbers and have everything I ordered sent to me in one shipment from Gainesville.

And all the parts I ordered arrived 5 business days later! Now I understand this was a high dollar parts order and I am not that many UPS miles from Gainesville, but I was impressed with their service. And that has earned them several more parts orders and my endorsement.

I am in Southern Illinois, and I recommend Brasington. They are VERY easy to deal with.

I have bought many items from them.

I bought a new blower motor that went bad in a short time. I called them & they said that they would get another one right out. The next day I called back to get a tracking number. When they looked it up they found that the motor hadn't been shipped. They apologized and sent the replacement out overnite for no charge.

Instead of getting the run-around, they bent over backwards to get a replacement to me. I actually got the motor faster than if they had shipped it UPS ground the first time.

It is a rare company that will go the extra mile as the guys at Brasington will.

The only requirement is that you have to use Email to get the internet pricing. Parts ordered on the net are 10% over their cost.

Good Luck,

Britt

Britt

Archived