CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

92 seville

The first thing you want to do is get the on-board diagnostics (OBD-I) codes from the car's computers. Here's how:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

The codes will be a letter followed by three numbers, as "P036" with a two or three letter prefix and a suffix that is H or C (for History or Current). The most important thing is all the codes beginning with P or E but get the H or C too; repeat the procedure as necessary to get the missed letters and to verify your notes. Post the codes here.

If you are a good DIY person, you can take a look at the meaning of the codes here.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

P052 (E052) PCM Memory Reset

I039 Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data

I052 Keep Alive Memory Error

Your battery has been disconnected lately (P052 and I052) and one of your suspension sensors has a connector problem. The driveabiliyt problem sounds like a transmission gear-hunting problem between 3rd and 4th so it could be a wheel speed sensor. The connectors are on the hub centerlines on the inside.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Please come back when you're done and let us know the results of the work. It's a long shot that the this would be causing the driveability problem; it sounds like it might be a tuning issue like an arcing spark plug wire but it's always a good idea to address first the problems that the computers know about.

Archived