CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Do they light or don't they?

tommysls

Recently had my heater core replaced. Dash and console were taken out during repair.

Just noticed while driving at night that the gear shift indicators did not illuminate.(P-R-N-D-3-2-1)

I can't seem to remember if they ever did light up or not. Can somebody please tell me are they supposed to illuminated or not. I think they did but just can't recall.

Appreciate any input.

Thanks

There should be backlighting for the console switch buttons and shifter position options. But nothing that would highlight which gear you have selected.

The selected gear is displayed on the DIC.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

There should be backlighting for the console switch buttons and shifter position options. But nothing that would highlight which gear you have selected.

The selected gear is displayed on the DIC.

\

are you sure because i have the same problem. and my 1992 CLUSTER does not have the option to show the selected gear like the later models. my gear display does not light up either

I have no first hand experience with those panels but I suspect the light source is not intended to be replaceable; I doubt if a Cadillac parts counter could locate a part number for the lamp only.

My hope would be a connector is not snapped together properly.

And a LED would not be used in an application that can be dimmed.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived