CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Center Console

Ranger

I finally scored a console from Biloxi Auto Recycling. $120 incl shipping and he is going to include the column shroud and wiring harness. Will also try to include the shift cable if it has not been cut already. :yupi3ti: Hope to get this puppy installed in a week or so.

I finally scored a console from Biloxi Auto Recycling. $120 incl shipping and he is going to include the column shroud and wiring harness. Will also try to include the shift cable if it has not been cut already. :yupi3ti: Hope to get this puppy installed in a week or so.

Congrats Larry, I know this has been looooong in coming!!! :hatsoff:

Hey thats great can't wait to see the photos. Do before and after photos for us!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Wow..I know you have been looking for almost 2 years....

Bolts right in.

Get the complete shifter cable if you can. If not, the original column cable can be modified with a fairly simple bracket.

The wiring plug for the rear HVAC, to our surprise, is different. You will have to solder some wires.

I found a complete DTS column with the correct clam shells for less than the actual clam shells. There are a zillion available...power tilt, manual tilt, year and color, teloscope....u get the idea.

Hey thats great can't wait to see the photos. Do before and after photos for us!

Wilco.

was that one of the places that i sent you ranger?

Yeah, it was the first one on the list. THANKS!

Bolts right in.

Get the complete shifter cable if you can. If not, the original column cable can be modified with a fairly simple bracket.

The wiring plug for the rear HVAC, to our surprise, is different. You will have to solder some wires.

I found a complete DTS column with the correct clam shells for less than the actual clam shells. There are a zillion available...power tilt, manual tilt, year and color, teloscope....u get the idea.

Thanks Logan.

As mentioned he said he would include the cable if possible, but I am not holding my breath. I am sure that the upper and lower column shroud is still there and he said that he would include them. No way am I going to change the column. No need to really as I already have power tilt & telescopic. He also said that he would include the wiring harness, so if he is true to his word it should be a pretty easy install. I recall the pic you put on the other board so I may refer to that if I need to use my original cable and fabricate a new mount. I may be in touch if I run into any problems, but it looks pretty simple. I should get it Monday or Tuesday. I am off for 5 days starting Thursday and the temps are supposed to warm up some so I may tackle this very soon. Wish me luck.

Wilco.

was that one of the places that i sent you ranger?

Yeah, it was the first one on the list. THANKS!

Bolts right in.

Thanks Logan.

As mentioned he said he would include the cable if possible, but I am not holding my breath. I am sure that the upper and lower column shroud is still there and he said that he would include them. No way am I going to change the column. No need to really as I already have power tilt & telescopic. He also said that he would include the wiring harness, so if he is true to his word it should be a pretty easy install. I recall the pic you put on the other board so I may refer to that if I need to use my original cable and fabricate a new mount. I may be in touch if I run into any problems, but it looks pretty simple. I should get it Monday or Tuesday. I am off for 5 days starting Thursday and the temps are supposed to warm up some so I may tackle this very soon. Wish me luck.

much luck to ya Larry

and as i said im glad it all worked out for ya

FINALLY

hahaha

2703551_4_full.jpg

The Twins

1997 ETC & 2003 STS

Archived