CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

performance mods for NS

bigfoo

im going to send emails off to some places like chrfab and see what they think about it since they make performance stuff for the engine all day :) I'll see what i can put together from talking to them all

Why does it show the 1995 SLS and 1995 STS twice each with different times and the 1998 STS four times with different times each time.

My 1993 STS was one of the wildest and fastest STS's I have ever had yet your chart shows it as being one of the two slowest. My 1994 STS was the second fastest. Unfortunatly, I don't have times for them. I didn't even know something called a G-Tech Pro existed when I had them. My 1994 SLS was pretty darn wild also. My 1998 STS was just plain slow. My 2001 is in a class all it's own.

Each "bar" on the chart there is one instrumented test from a magazine. For example, the four '98 STSes are probably from Road & Track, Car & Driver, Motor Trend, etc. Yeah, that '93 is one of the slowest there. That really shows you how variable the cars are, and how any particular car may or may not be faster than another other particular car.

For example, I have G-teched mine, and my '97 SLS outruns every one of those '98 STSes (6.7 seconds to 60 mph). Will it outrun EVERY '98 STS out there? Most probably not. It just means that my particular car is faster than those particular cars (which may have been the same factory demo car, who knows).

This is also why it's a hard question to answer when someone asks, "hey, my buddy with an '02 Pontiac GTP wants to run me, will I win?" That obviously depends. The supercharged Grand Prix cars run smack dab in the middle of our car's average -- right about 6.6-6.7 seconds to 60. If your STS is a particularly slow one (maybe 7.0 seconds), you might lose. If your STS is a particularly fast one (maybe 6.4 seconds), you might win. To compound it further, maybe the particular GTP your buddy has is somewhat fast or slow for those cars, so it's really hard to predict exactly what any particular car will do without instrumented testing equipment (at least a G-tech, preferrably some track times).

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived