CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A/C Clutch will not engage....

hey all, i just had the A/C compressor & clutch assembly installed(along with a new A/C drier)...i bought some R-134a to refill the system...i hooked the filler tube to the top of the drier, screwed the other end into the can of refridgerant, turned on the engine and set the dash control to 60 degrees and turned on the auto button, and nothing...i mean, the blower motor comes on and blows mildly cool air through the vents, but the a/c clutch never engages and no refridgerant gets pulled into the system...Oh, btw before the compressor change the system would kick right into the econ mode due to the message "a/c compressor off very low refridgerant" (code ao 47)...i previously refilled the system due to the same message, and it refilled fine, but it won't now...WHAT GIVES??!! sorry to be so long winded...i appreciate your responses...thanks, bob

Jim, i went into the codes, and did not see that one listed, even as a history code..it used to show as current when the "auto" mode was chosen on the dash, but after the system was kicked into "econ", the code would disappear...BTW, i'm not really sure how to clear the codes...bob

Are you sure you pieced the can with the can tap?

Did you use a vacuum pump to evacuate the system prior to attempting the recharging process?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived