CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fuel Rail

EJPut

How is the fuel rail connected to its external source? The external comes up under the manifold and connects to the internal piece, is a pressure fit or does it snap in? I am going to test it but can't put everything together, energize the fuel pump and have a clear look at that connection.

Thanks,

I guess I don't understand the question. The fuel rail supply and return come from the tank and connect to the fuel rail near the left front strut/shock tower. You need a tool to un-connect the fuel rail from the supply.

If you are talking about the individual injector connections and inter connections of the fuel rail, which is connected by what looks like heat shrink tubing you can't seperate them, well I guess you could but you won't get them connected again without a leak.

Dennis

Dennis

If you have the manifold cover off and you are looking at the fuel rail leaning over the drivers fender where the throttle body is, you will see where the fuel line goes into the manifold and to the left of the throttle body is where it connects internally to deliver fuel to the injectors. I believe what is happening is that connection is leaking. I wanted to know if that connection, inside the manifold where the fuel rail inlet is connected is a pressure fit or does it snap inot the male inlet fitting. If you have a service manual you will see what I am talking about.

I am trying to scan the schematics for a better visual.

Take a picture if you can. On mine the fuel lines from the tank connect to the injector fuel lines along side of the throttle body. One of the lines snakes under the TB toward the front of the car. Is your's leaking at the point where they connect or where the line connects to the first injector tee which I believe is cylinder #8?

Dennis

Archived