CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CVRSS

RJSUS

I read the old post from Jim dated March 2002 regarding sloppy ride..Before i dig into that, I'm not convinced my levelers are working.Where is the pump located? My Riv's was under the hood. I'm looking for the right way to test it.

Thanx in advance,

'98 Seville SLS

The compressor for the ELC (electronic level control) is located under the rear of the car, close to the suspension. The system only levels the rear of the car but all 4 struts have electronic damping which controls the damping of each strut. It's real easy to tell if the ELC system is working. Open the driver door, leave it open and then turn the ignition to "ON" without starting the car. Turn off the radio and climate controls and wait for about 30 seconds. You will hear the compressor activate for a few seconds to pressurize the system and they go off. If you sit in the back seat or on the rear bumper with the trunk open, the car should level with your increased weight and then when you get out or off, it should then settle. I weigh 190 and my car always levels with my weight but you may need an additional person to help you if you need more weight.

Max

I tried that today...As I thought, it's not working. I've checked fuses..So . how many components are there and where should I start ??

I don't have the fuse/circuit breaker chart in front of me but go to your owner's manual and look for any fuses/circuit breakers which control the ELC system. There are some under the hood and some under the rear seat. Make sure the fuse is not blown. Also, swap an adjacent relay with the ELC one to see if the relay is operating properly. If nothing turns up there, you probably need to replace the ELC compressor. You can get a used one fairly inexpensive and it is pretty easy to swap out.

Max

Archived