CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1991 Fleetwood G-Tech Times

Hey All,

I borrowed my Buddy's G-tech yesterday and tested our 91 Fleetwood FWD and the results were pretty pitiful indeed :( . It was however kinda windy out. Is it normal for the car to lose 60 horsepower through the drivetrain? These 4.9 litre V8 are suppose to churn out 200 horsepower. BTW I got smoked by my buddy in his V-6 Grand Am.

Best Horsepower: 127

Best 0-60: 9.8 sec

Best 1/4 mile: 17.8 sec @ 79.9 miles/hour

I'm just wondering if anyone else put up times this slow...Thanks.

Spence

In 1963 my folks 1956 Sedan Deville would run almost exactly the same times at Central Mi Dragway.

I had a trophy from there that I had to leave in the attic of the garage so my folks wouldnt find it and know I raced their car.

Come to think of it I'd better check my attic to see what my kids have up there. Or maby not....

Hey hey, plugs and wires are fairly recent, the car does seem to have a bit of a studder or hesitation. Would checking and cleaning the EGR tubes on the throttle body help this out and maybe performance numbers too? Thanks for any help.

Spence

Cleaning the EGR tunes would probably eliminate the hesitation - especially if they have not been cleaned in 108,000 miles.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I would regularly get around 163 hp at the wheels in my 92 STS with the 4.9L. So I'd say you are down on power a bit.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived