CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help! Power seats stopped working

Chris

Hey guys,

We had both of the front seats reclined about 75% of the way. My friend went to move her seat back to the upright position, and nothing happened. I tried to move mine and nothing.

I checked all the fuses in the trunk and they were all fine. Popped the hood and listened. There was a clicking every 10 seconds or so. I took off the fuse cover and found that the 30 amp circuit breaker for "seats" was red hot.

Turns out the power seats, locks, and horn relies on it. We figured it was something in the passenger seat switches. I pulled all the clips off from under the passenger seat, hoping that the short was in there so I could put the driver seat up. After pulling all the wires (11 I think), I put the breaker back in. Red hot in seconds. Pulled it back out. I ended up driving home with two coats providing some support. Not very comfortable as you can imagine :D

Anyways, I'm thinking it might be a short in the console switches as I've noticed before that adjusting the driver lumbar supports make the lights flicker. I hadn't done anything about it as I dont need to adjust the support. Also, I'm not sure if it might be related, but my heated seats both stopped working a couple months ago.

Anyways, are there any common problems with these seats? How do you take apart the center console? Also, does anyone have a picture of the bottom of a seat? Its gonna take me forever to get all these cables plugged back in!! :D

Thanks

-Chris

We had both of the front seats reclined about 75% of the way. My friend went to move her seat back to the upright position, and nothing happened.
that's the reason I prefer the rear seat for R&R and front one for driving:D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

lol erm ... I'll be sure to remember that

But can anyone give me advice on how to fix the car? ;) (how to get the center console out, other places I could check for shorts, etc)

-Chris

Hey hey, I do not know if I will be able to help, but when my Dad had his old 86 Olds Toronado, we threw the front seats all the way back and pushed the button to get them back up and there was nothing. Riding around "Big Pimpin' Style" ain't gonna fly with this Cat :lol:. Anyways, the thing we did was pushed the button and tried to gently try to help the seat up. We would push the button and push the seat up and let it back down about an inch at a time. The motor did kick in and pulled the seat back into place and never let anyone tough the recliner button EVER AGAIN! Hope this can help :)

Spence

Archived