CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

91 Eldo Turn off the chimes

Ok, here what you gotta do. Take the torque screws out of the glove box out. THen pull it out. leave the key in the ignition so you can find it. It should be up in the top right hand corner. then there are 2 tourqe screws mounting it up to a bracket take those out so you can unplug it (BUT DON'T DO WHAT I DID) I just unplugged it and layed it back in there (Not mounting it back up) well this game a problem. I had nothing but heat coming out of my vents for the longest. Since I just layed it in there without mounting it back up it got wedged inbetween the lever that controls the coolant through the heater core. Which gave me a problem that took me six mounths to fingure out. And if it wasn't for this board I probably would of ripped my whole dash out to find the problem. So agian if you don't want the door chime (I imagine it sounds like it is knocking) make sure you mount it back up. Otherwise you may get the same effect I did. It really sucks when you have nothing but a heater in the summer. Even when it was off I could still feel heat slowly rolling out of the vents. Hope this helps.

Oh darn, you wanted to unhook the signal chime. I should of understood your post before I replied (LOL). Wrote all the for nothing. I'm not sure about the turn signal chime, but if you want to get rid of the door chime I think I explained it good enough.

I just wrapped and tapped mine in a rag to insulate it an then left if hanging rather than mount it. It is just barely audible.

Archived