CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Can Somebody HELP me?

:o:(

I recently have come across a relative of mine's 1994 STS. It was his daily driver until he was unable to maintain it about three months ago.

For the past three months the car has been sitting with the computer dead (i think), a flat tire, and no powerlocks, or anything.

It only has 219km on it and is/was in really good shape until recently!

I can have it, but I do not know where to start? Can you knowledgeble people please offer me a few suggestions!

The poor thing was certified and etested, and it would be a shame to waste that NorthStar Engine.

Thanks for the consideration!

-Confused in Canada

:rolleyes:

I would start by installing a new battery and see if the power, the door locks etc. come back to life. That would be your starting point.

Make sure it's got gas and try to start it up. If it ran, it should run again.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

If you have a good battery and that thing won't even turn over don't get to worked up. I don't know if this has anything to do with your situation, but I remember buying a used motor from a salvage yard and dropped it into my car and when I was all done I came to start this baby and click click nothing. I was hot! I did all this work and it wouldn't even turn over. Well I check the battery cable for tightness and they were like I suspected. Then I put a breaker bar on the crank to try and turn it over well it still wouldn't go over so I tried turn it backwards well it moved then I worked it back and forth and it would only turn about a 1/4 turn then it would hit something. Well I was mad enough to call the salvage yard and tell them that they sold me a locked up motor (LOL) my boss at the time. He says "Well take it out and bring it back then! Find a motor somewhere else". Well I didn't want to do that. It just turned out that the motor had sit so long without running that condensation got into the motor causing a little bit of rust on the cylinder walls. So all I had to do was pull the plugs and pour some oil in each cylinder then turn the crank back anf forth until it broke loose. Then I fired it up and she smoked like crazy until all the oil burned out of the cylinders then she ran like a champ. So maybe this is something to look into, but I think it would take longer than 3 months for this to happen but you never know.

Archived