CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

adding anti freeze

kjelie8706

"Anti-freeze in the can"? Do you mean R12 refrigerant for the A/C? It gets added to the low pressure A/C line. The low and high pressure service ports are different sizes so they cannot be hooked up wrong. The service ports are threaded unless it was converted to R134a. In that case the service ports would be quick disconnect types, though still different sizes.

"Anti-freeze in the can"? Do you mean R12 refrigerant for the A/C? It gets added to the low pressure A/C line. The low and high pressure service ports are different sizes so they cannot be hooked up wrong. The service ports are threaded unless it was converted to R134a. In that case the service ports would be quick disconnect types, though still different sizes.

where can i find the low pressure port. i found the high pressure port i think. but it wa sbigger than the r12 gauge cord that um supposed to hook up to the low pressure port. and how do i know if it's been converted

If I remember correctly, the low side service port is near (or on) the accumulator (passenger side). That is exactly why they are different sizes. Hooking up to the high side is kind of like holding a grenade in your hand ............... with the pin pulled and the spoon released.

R12 service ports are threaded. R134a service ports are quick disconnect. If converted correctly, there should be a sticker saying so.

If I remember correctly, the low side service port is near (or on) the accumulator (passenger side). That is exactly why they are different sizes. Hooking up to the high side is kind of like holding a grenade in your hand ............... with the pin pulled and the spoon released.

R12 service ports are threaded. R134a service ports are quick disconnect. If converted correctly, there should be a sticker saying so.

also, my rear view mirror fell off. what can i buy that will actually work to put it back up and keep it there.

Archived