CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AC seems erratic

NCCaddy

Sorry, careldo -- I'm just a clown that visits this board to get some idea what it might be before going to the mechanic "blind." I get good feedback that enables me to know what to tell the mechanic what the problem is and make it pretty painless. You guys are usually all over it in regards to diagnosis.

Back to the problem -- codes? is this something I can check?

I keep the temp set at 68. The cycle usually goes like this -- warm, achieve desired temp, falls off warming, achieves temp again, warm, achieves again, etc.

Simulateously press and hold the OFF & PASSENGER WARMER buttons til all segments of the DIC light up as a check, the release the buttons. Any stored codes will appear. Write them down and post back. Your answer may be there. Thats the best place to start.

Larry -- this is what I got:

NO PCM CODES

NO IPC CODES

CODE A012 CURRENT

NO SIR CODES

NO TCS CODES

S061 HISTORY

PCM?

A012 = Low Side Temperature Sensor Circuit (bad sensor, corroded connection, broken wire)

S061 = Right Front Position Sensor Fault (history code, don't worry about it unless it becomes current)

Larry -- thanks for all the input. As always, this forum really is helpful.

Do you have any idea what a typical mechanic would charge for the worst case

scenario?

I real have no idea but if the sensor is bad it will be the cost of the sensor plus he'll have to evacuate the system and refill so basic A/C service plus part & labor.

Archived