CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What do you guys think of the new 300?

Romey-Rome

Chrysler will have to improve on the quality of their cars before I will ever consider another of their products. Their new motto should be" Beauty IS only skin deep!" Just the humble opinion of a retired certified auto mechanic who loves his caddy! :)

Just to clearify...I'm not buying it, Iwas just playing with the options on their website. I think it's very sexy, and I would definatly buy it as a second car, first being a you know what...

I don't know about their quality too much. I've only been in one. My friend has a seabring (or whatever) and it just looks and feels cheap all around.

As I posted here last week, my brother is a dealer and so I drove the 300C. It's not a Cadillac but it has a price that will appeal to a lot of people. It is VERY fast off the mark and I know it would take my 2000 STS with no trouble from the get go. It remains to be seen how it would do as the race went on.

It has most of the bells and whistles that Caddy has like the auto wheel and seat, etc. The black and chrome interior was different but somehow lacking something.

All of Chrysler's full sized cars and called the 300. Only the 300C has the Hemi. In my opinion the other models would be way underpowered for the weight of that car.

When all is said and done, it's nice but it's NOT a Cadillac.

I like 'em a lot. 4100 lbs or not, it's still a BLAST to 60 mph (5.3 seconds according to Car & Driver). That's at least a full second quicker than the current gen Seville (which is fast in its own right). But don't worry, there will be plenty of 2.7 and 3.5 liter versions of the 300 that should be easy to pick on with any Northstar. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

i think most picture you see on the internet are god awful ugly!

I saw 2 on the road this week and I'm now a total fan of the styling!

it just screams american, and sports the "bada$$" look that only a CTS-V can equal... dont judge the car just yet...go out and look at one in person its well worth it ;)

A friend bought a Sebring convertible that was in the shop for over fifteen days in the first couple of months and they fixed most of the problems BUT it still sqeaks loudly from the door seals and the top forcing him to carry around a can of silicone lube. Two dealers told him thats just the way it is.

I like the look of the 300 but still remeber my uncle going thru three transmissions in two and a half years.

Archived