CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Another problem

CaddyDaddy

This problem is a little strange. When ever I throw my Lac in gear I get a front door ajar message and when ever I open the door the dome lights don't come on this occurs no matter what door you open. The dome lights work with the dimmer switch just not with any of the doors. I have ran the on board diagnostics and all the door jam switches pass. BI05 is LO when any door is open. Well I ran on board diagnostics with all doors closed tight and BI05 comes back HI. So does anyone know of anthing else that can cause this problem?? Does the dome light not come on when it is day light??

I have figured out my dome light problem but not the front door ajar. The dome light problem has to do with the twilight sentinel circuit. I am not sure if the photocell is bad be cause it workd some what just never has given a reading more than 30 in complete darkness and it has a range of 0-100. When I unplug it I get a reading of 100 and the dome lights come on when I open the door and the speedometer dims. But I am still having a problem with the Front Door Ajar when I put it in gear. Can someone PLEASE help?

I have figured out my dome light problem but not the front door ajar. The dome light problem has to do with the twilight sentinel circuit. I am not sure if the photocell is bad be cause it workd some what just never has given a reading more than 30 in complete darkness and it has a range of 0-100. When I unplug it I get a reading of 100 and the dome lights come on when I open the door and the speedometer dims. But I am still having a problem with the Front Door Ajar when I put it in gear. Can someone PLEASE help?

I think the door ajar switch is built into the actuator. The actuator is fastened to the door with three torx screws. Look at the door where it latches to the post on the jamb and you'll see the actuator mounting screws.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

• 2 years later...

Ahhh good thinking. I'll have to check this out when it is daylight. Thanks!

I am having the SAME issue. Dealer said it was the BCM. I changed the BCM but NO LUCK. Dome lights work as they should. Any luck? (1990 Seville)

Does the dome light not come on when it is day light??

That is correct. The interior courtesy lights will not come on when it is light outside. This is a purposeful feature to avoid battery drainage during daytime. It uses the same photocell as the twilight sentinel to detect light. When it gets dark outside, the interior courtesy lights will come on.

Archived